Saturday, August 9, 2014

Miss Manga Review

Whenever I judge a mascara, I always end up comparing it to the Benefit, They're Real mascara. That mascara is amazing, it literally gives my lashes so much life. Beautiful lashes can literally change the way you look. Longer lashes make your eyes look bigger and when paired with the right under eye concealer can make you look more awake. Some people might even say more youthful and innocent which is what the Japanese tend to go for in their fashion and in their manga. I have been trying out this mascara for 2 weeks now and I can definitely see it replacing my way more expensive Benefit mascara. 


Packaging 9/10
The packaging is pink and shiny, it is easy to grab the attention of any girl looking to add to her make-up collection. It shows manga characters in the background, which are know for their characteristic long lashes. The wand is flexible and can easily bend with enough pressure. It makes it easier to apply to the inner corners of your eyes. The only thing that I wish was different was the fact that the tube is chunky, even though it probably doesn't hold more mascara than other tubes do. 

Availability 7/10
Maybe it was just me, but none of my near by drugstores(Duane Reads) carried this mascara. I ended up finding it a mile from my house. And living in the city, with so many stores, that was shocking. I guess there wasn't much of a demand for it. But slowly it has been appearing in my area. 

Price 10/10
I paid around $8 for this mascara, which I feel is very affordable for the quality you are getting. Though prices may vary depending on where you are from.

Before Picture

Being very excited about trying this out
Lasting Power 9/10
Usually it is the wand that makes the mascara, but in this case I think it is the formula. I tried out the waterproof brand, even forced myself to see a sad movie to see how it would do with me crying and it worked out pretty well. I feel like it lasts 8 hours before it starts bothering you with flakiness and dryness. The formula is very tacky and it dries quickly. It lets you build up with it. Your lashes do look fake if you build it up enough. It isn't difficult to remove if you have a make up remover, water doesn't do so well. But if you don't have any, olive oil works really well too. 


As you can see above my eyelashes are really popping out. They even have a nice curl to it, something that my lashes always refuse to do. They even held up for 2+ hours which never happens, no matter what I am using. 
Making weird faces at the camera. Can you see my lashes? :)

 9 hours later, very tired as you can see. There is only some slight smudging but the lashes still look wide and long. I love it. Wish I would have taken a better picture though!

Let me know what your favorite mascaras are below! Any recommendations? 
xoxo Cielo

No comments:

Post a Comment