Saturday, August 9, 2014

Carmine's Restaurant


As I've mentioned before, my sister's birthday was go big or go home. She made it into a week not a day. She decided all 7 of us should go to Carmine's family restaurant.

Food/Drink 8/10
Carmine's is a family restaurant, meaning we got huge family servings. The menu had lots of options to chose from, and they all tasted yummy. We ordered, Carmine's Salad, Fried Calamari,  Broccoli, Pasta Alla Vodka, Chicken Parm and lemonade. The food was really good and filling for all of us. The service was great. The appetizers came out in less than 10 minutes, and the main courses took 20 minutes. If you order it while you are half way done through the appetizer's you should be fine. The only complaint is that the portion of the Chicken was really small. It barely feed all of us. I think we just got a small piece because the table of 9 next to us had more than enough to go around. 

Wifi 0/10
At this point in time I think it essential that every place possible has wifi. It is how we connect yet, there was none. It was nice to just talk to the family yet I still think wifi should exist. 
  
Favors 3/10
While they do offer to sing happy and bring you a sunday, when we asked if they could cut our cake, they said sure and once they took the cake they told us they were going to charge us $25. We were really upset. Then they reduced it to $3 a slice, but we said never mind. $5 to cut a cake is acceptable, but $25 is way too expensive.

Atmosphere 9/10
Everyone was really welcoming an accommodating for the most part. They were even okay when we were 20 minutes late to our reservation. There were many big families there, but it wasn't really loud. I could still talk to my sister from across the table without yelling.

Price $$$$/5
The price was fair for the amount of food we received. However, it isn't a place you go to eat alone. I would say that if you want to eat there bring 4 or more people. The cost was around $40 per head. My mom's credit card cried a little.

Anywho, if you have been let me know what you think? Any other restaurants in NYC that I should try out before I leave? 

Cielo


No comments:

Post a Comment