Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Empties- Mini Reviews


Being a broke college kid who is basically depending on financial aid to continue her education, I can't really buy a lot of products. So when I get some products that I really like, I use as little as possible to make it last forever. Unlike my roommate who loves to complain about how her products never end, but I still love her! Also, over the years I've been becoming more aware of what I place on my skin, because it has been very sensitive in the past. In case you weren't aware, your skin is the largest organ that you will ever have. So you best take care of it. 

Although I know not all of these products are completely gone, I really wanted to include them because I will either not being using them until the right season comes, or they are expiring soon and I want to include them instead of making a whole separate post.    

     Let's Start With Skin Care
Sadly I am prone to getting rashes and eczema. My skin is just that sensitive. No doubt that has had a significant affect on my confidence, especially when it happens on monumental days for a girl, i.e. high school graduation, prom...you get the idea. So when putting things on my face, I really hope that they won't burn or cause more eczema or a massive breakout. And prevention is key.    

The Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer has done wonders for my skin. But only when I use it every day. If I skip one or two days and my diet has been wacky, it will be sure to pop back up again. It can be really annoying. A small amount is dispensed and it is great because it is in a bottle so you won't have a bunch of bacteria coming in contact with your lotion. It contains Salicylic Acid which is essential for pimple prevention and it doesn't have oil so don't worry if you have oily skin.  And although I bought a second bottle which is rare for me, it doesn't give me enough moisture. 

To get my moisture, especially when I am going to be using a full face of make-up that day. I have been using The TEA BLEND daily moisturizer by JAFRA. It is really thick and creamy and it takes a little while to completely dry so I wouldn't recommend it if you are short on time. But it gives enough moisture for a good 6-8 hours and it doesn't sting my rashes when I get them. Which for me is a huge plus. 


The next product is a bit late or early for the winter season, but I never got to finish it because I left it home when I went back to college.It is Twisted Peppermint by Bath & Body Works. I am in love with the smell. It leaves my skin feeling super refreshed. Next winter I am convinced I will buy at least 4 bottles because it will forever be my favorite. So watch out guys I will fight for this to the death!   
                                                               
                                                            Moving on to Hair Care

Recently I found out I have a huge hormone imbalance and an extreme vitamin deficiency which led to some hairloss/thinning for me.

I am not sure if it is the placebo effect or the vitamins that I'm taking or if this product is really that awesome but I really recommend it. It is the Fall Fight Strand Saver by GARNIER FRUCTIS. It is suppose to strengthen your hair especially if you have split ends. I like to spray some on my roots and then massage it in to simulate my scalp and its been working. I have already purchased another one!

To combat dryness I have been using the MACADAMIA Healing Oil Treatment, a little goes along way with this product and it helps to hide my split ends. But it was a bit pricey for its tiny size. 

Onto Make-Up

This FIT ME powder is extremely light and works awesomely in the under eye area to set your concealer. It is the FIT ME pressed powder in 115 Ivory by MAYBELLINE. 

I love the concept of having two different wands for upper and lower lashes.It is still not better than the benefit mascara but I like it and might consider buying another one.  It is the The FALSIES BIG EYES Mascara by MAYBELLINE.

This concealer is near and dear to my heart. I got it in Italy 2 years ago. And they don't deliver to the U.S.  It is the KIKO MAKE UP BY MILANO soft focus concealer. It will be missed. 
I get chapped lips way to often, I need to add more water to my diet. But so far I have been loving the SOFT LIPS chapped stick in the cherry flavor. Not only do my lips feel amaszing, but it has sunscreen in it to avoid burning. Plus who doesn't love cherry smelling things.

The SEPHORA basic brand works well for me. It is inexpensive and it lasts a really long time. Actually the prices are like drugstore make-up. I love to use this with an angled brush to line my top waterline. 

 The TARTE Bronzer is the first bronzer I have ever owned. I'm so sad it is gone but it lasted a full year and I love this brand so soon I will be getting more.

And finally the Victoria's Secret Mango Temptation perfume is a long time favorite. I love it!   


Hope you guys enjoyed this post even though it is on the longer side. These were just my opinions I wasn't paid to say any of this, and it was all purchased with my own money. If you guys want more details let me know in the comments. And I will see you guys soon! 
<3 Cielo

1 comment:

  1. cool post <3

    What do you think of following each other on GFC/Bloglovin/Facebook? If you want, let me know :)

    Maria
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete